Demian Spindler is a classical trumpeter, photographer and videographer. A three-time alumnus of the Chosen Vale International Trumpet Seminar, Demian is especially interested in performing contemporary solo repertoire for the trumpet. His primary teachers include Edward Carroll, James Thompson, David Hickman, Wesley Nance, and Stephanie Richards. He studied music at the Eastman Community Music School through high school, where he was awarded the Director's award and a Diploma with Honors, and graduated from the University of Rochester in 2014 with degrees in mathematics and economics.
Demian is an accomplished photographer and videographer. His photo and video engagements have taken him across the US, to Cuba and Kenya, and he has filmed and photographed extensively for the New York State Ballet in Rochester, NY. He specializes in photographing and filming for the performing arts. Demian began shooting black and white film and working in the darkroom when he was in elementary school, and has developed his skills over the past 20 years.
In 2016, Demian and his friend Mikey Jarrell traveled to Cuba and filmed "The Cuban Method," a documentary about ballet in Cuba. The film is available for public viewing on YouTube, and will be aired on Rochester WXXI on September 26th, 2021.
• Studio photography (Dance, portrait, headshots, etc.) with infinity backdrop
• On-location photography (events, performances)
• Videography (performance, promotional material, events, virtual productions)
• Live-streaming with multiple camera angles
• Photo retouching and manipulation (Photoshop)
• Professional audio recording, producing, mixing, and mastering
Flat rate of $50/hour for all services. Contact me for an estimate and scheduling. Artist discount available for professionals.